Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Hope in Despair!

Hello everyone.

So I do apologize. I havent written a blog in forever. I do apologize and don't make excuses for that. But anyway, now I blog.

This has been an interesting week. A week full of awesome encouragements and awful trials. I want to focus on this trials part, because I know its something that we all deal with. Don't be deceived and think that you won't be tested in your life when you pursue Christ, but also don't be reversely deceived in thinking that God is not present in these trials. He is present, and working and I believe that all of our trials and temptations are to lead us to the same place in our lives, and that point is for us to be completely un-reliant on ourselves, and fully reliant on Christ, but not to just end there, but to then act in faith in that reliance in Christ. I know first hand that fighting and relying on my own strengths lead to days like Monday, when everything I have in my life I begin to doubt and take for granted, because on my own, I am not worthy of a lot of things, if any. But this is exactly where Satan wants us to be, hiding in the corner with a small stick trying to defend and fight for ourselves, instead of standing firm and resting in what Christ has done for us! You and I have become heirs with Christ and we have been born again, and the key part to that heir-ness is that we are adopted into God's family. Like Galatians teaches, we become a new creation. The point is that we do not run back to our old self and try to sustain ourself. Because that fails, we fail, but Christ never fails. Have faith that God will(because He is) answer and keep His promises to His people. He is big, bigger than I think a lot of times, because i try to make God fit into my mind, God is infinite larger than that.  Rejoice in Christ, rejoice in trials, and realize that God is only wanting you to come to the point you need to be in, where you rely on Him and Christ's work, not your own.

I'd also like to add that I have the most amazing girlfriend in the world. And even when I am sure I am difficult to love, she manages to do that better than anyone I know. You can follow her on twitter...she has great little witty lines on there, its @kaylagibb

No comments:

Post a Comment